Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pianist in the Making?


I actually do enjoy playing the piano! Don't be deceived by that pic of me looking bored. Every weekend, I will point to the piano and tell mummy 'there' to get her to open it up for me. Alright, besides the piano keys, I love the buttons above the keyboard. You see, this is not a classical piano, it is a Clavinova. Mummy bought this years ago when her old upright piano which was on loan from her aunt was sold away. This Clavi has keys that are like an upright piano, but they are not ivory keys, so not for the professional players or even those going for exams.
Mummy is contented with this Clavi, as it takes up less space and doesn't need much maintenance such as polishing or tuning the keys. Anyway, Mummy is only playing the piano for leisure so it suits her just fine.
Will I also pick up playing the piano in future? Many people asked Mummy this question, to which she answered,"Let Megan choose, we will not force her lah. Maybe she prefers other instruments? We do not know. Let's see..."

No comments: