Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Learn to Accept

I've been meaning to blog this but haven't found the time to do so. During Duncan's full month, Vinz enlightened us with his 'Learn to Accept' philosophy. He was relating to us about how every night he will spend time talking to his daughter till she falls asleep which is about 12am, afterwhich he needs to continue chatting with his wife till 1am-2am. We asked how he managed to do it, as it will be very tiring for him having to wake up for work in the morning. So he said, 'Simply learn to accept.'

Frankly, I was inspired by it and decided to adopt this same philosophy when it comes to looking after Duncan on my own for this month. I've learnt to accept that Duncan is my top priority so I have to attend to his needs first before my own. I faced the fact that I will have no life for this month. I will be lacking in sleep, but I told myself my body will adapt to the haywire sleeping hours. So far, I'm doing pretty ok, sneaking in sleep whenever I can while Duncan's snoozing in the afternoon. I'm contented if I can catch just 3 full hours of sleep at night.

Our babies are newborns only once in their life and we have only this once to be able to be part of their newborn life. Miss this chance and there will never be another.

No comments: