I've been blogging from Megan's point of view and now that there are two...there will be a change in the format of writing. Maybe even on a more serious note than before. But then again, coming from an Aquarius, nothing can be too serious. In fact, my friends were amused by the way i've been blogging from Meg's point of view when it's actually my own point of view - almost like having a split personality. :)
So how's motherhood been so far? I was thinking...I wouldn't mind having a third one IF I don't have to do the following:
1) Suffer the discomfort of nursing an episiotomy wound
2) Breastfeed
Breastfeeding...it's tough. Really taxing on the mummy. And it doesn't help that I'm a natural cow producing more than enough milk. If you think that's a great problem, I'd rather have just sufficient supply! Having oversupply means the breasts will fill up quickly and if I don't empty them on time, I will suffer blocked ducts. That's when you gotta spend time trying to remove the ducts by massaging hard! Then some will say it's your choice, I can choose not to breastfeed. That thought has crossed my mind, but when I look at the innocent lil one, I cannot bear to give it up as it will not be fair to him. His sister enjoyed 6 months of breastmilk so I've to be sure he enjoys the same amount of even more.
Now I know it's such a luxury having a confinement lady! My CL, Aunty Ann, has been fabulous! She's a cantonese and her food's great. She cooks a variety - mee swa, fried noodle, fried rice, fried chicken wings, fried bee tai mak etc. You won't even feel that you are doing confinement. She allows me to take daily baths without washing of the hair of course, and also bathing has to be done with the herbs. The best part is that she handles the baby day and night while I concentrate on being a full-time cow and also getting my rest at night. Boy am I gonna miss her when she goes back!
If you ask me, giving birth is an easy task. The next one will be even easier and faster! It's the post delivery! In fact, I'm confident I can do it again without epidural. Just give me the gas mask - it's my 'ticket' to zouk!
So...let's leave it to God. I'll gladly accept what He gives me.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment