



It was indeed a GOOD FRIDAY! We reached the Zoo at 9am and the carpark was already filled with cars and people! Many were like us, with kids in tow, strollers...Thank you 'shu-shu' for the complimentary pass! With the pass, we need not queue for tickets, it was a breeze just strolling through the members entrance.First we saw some black hairy creatures hanging from trees. Mummy says they are monkies, I call them CAT. Actually, we saw many versions of such creatures but each time Mummy describes them differently, from Chimpanzees to Baboons...I simplify them - CAT. Then we saw wat is known as the White Tiger...whoa...beautiful. Real big CATS!
I had fun watching the 'Wonders of the Wild' show, especially the performance by this huge big black swimming thing (mummy said seal). He makes noises like a dog! The Elephant Show was pale in comparison - boring, slow...I even had my milk in between and almost dozed off.
After lunch at the extremely crowded restaurant without a high chair, we visited the lions, giraffes, rhinos, hippos, leopards, jaguar, zebras and my favourite Polar Bears! I was soooo excited when i saw a live version of my favourite teddy bears. I was bobbing up and down and going 'teddy!' 'teddy!'.
I must add the Baboons are really fierce animals! I was afraid to go upclose to them. I was tapping my chest and telling mummy 'scared scared'...When I saw the Rhinos, I just somehow had the urge to pray to them (don't ask me why) so I just clasped my hands and started 'praying' to them.
It was a tiring, hot but enriching day. We ended the visit at 2pm, as i could hardly keep my eyes open. I hope to visit the Zoo again. Maybe Night Safari next time round!
No comments:
Post a Comment